- Bring a cooler with ice, water, Gatorade or juice
- Pack a lunch with fruits and snacks and bring more than you will need
- Bring a light sweater or sweatshirt in case it’s cold
- Don’t forget your ID and USMLE pass
- Bring your own watch to keep track of your break time
- Take your breaks when you need them and don’t be afraid to take a small bathroom break. For example, you might want to do 2 sections, then a break, then 2 more sections, then a break, 1 section, then a break, then the 2 final sections.
- Consider getting out in the sun or stretching during your breaks
- Expect 5-10 questions in each section you have never seen before, that way you won’t freak out when it happens.
Good luck to all those taking Step 1!